Saturday, October 19, 2013

Mini Happy Dance

This week has been exhausting.  Thankfully my current project at work had just wrapped up before the long weekend.  After the hustle and bustle of our 'Griswald' Thanksgiving dinner. I've spent a lot of time holed up with my stitching, it brings me a little peace.  I've become pretty bad at tracking pieces since I went on the blog hiatus and added some other crafts to my repertoire :0)  However, here is the latest 'finish' if you can call a piece of a 12 part series a finish.  I apologize for the photography, I was taking a quick progress pic.
I'd really like to finish this piece.  It's become increasingly special to me.  I was used to Cathey's tech hiatuses and I expected them when Junior arrived, and even more so in illness.  No matter what, once a month there would be a quick email about this.  A little 'I'm still here' despite everything.

This weekend is thankfully a quiet one, I need to get geared up for Halloween-palooza next weekend. Each year the Engineers convert the Arts Center in town into a haunted house.  Last year was the first time I took DS to it and it's on his 'must do list', we also have a lower key Haunted Hayride to go to on Saturday that's more my 3 year old's speed and then Sunday is the annual kid's Halloween party at DH's office.  The kids love trick or treating at all of the cubicles.

Now to finish of DD's witch tutu, or should I say tutu #2.  There is a reason that they say glitter is the herpes of the crafting world, tutu #2 will be glitter tulle free!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie,
Your piece looks great so far and I can't wait to see more.

You're going to be one busy mom for Halloween. I hope you show us some pics of the kids in their costumes.

have a great day!

Rowyn said...

Your Santa's Village is looking great!

Mii Stitch said...

The little village is coming along beautifully! Have a lovely time for Halloween :)

Julie said...

Santas Village is looking lovely, I think a lot of stitchers find peace and comfort when feeling needle in hand.

Have fun at the Halloween celebrations.

WendyCarole said...

That's a lovely stitching piece

♥ Nia said...

lovely work :)

Christina said...

Nice progress.

Catherine said...

The more I see this village around blog land, the more I am loving it!

Annette said...

What a beautifull finish

Carol said...

Your village is growing beautifully! So glad your stitching is offering a bit of comfort these days, Katie :)