Friday, November 02, 2007

Where Does The Time Go?

It feels like eons since I blogged. It really sucks that I no longer have access at break time or lunch to do it but oh well. Life has been hectic. Alex is a Halloween freak! So much that he got in a spot of trouble with his teacher this week that was rather stressful. It's hard to assure someone else that he hasn't joined some satanic cult or something and will be back to himself by monday once the holiday is out of his system. I had some nice phone messages and e-mails expecting me to drop my job and head straight to the school. I've always stood behind the school and whatever means they see fit to discipline the children there, although I do wish they'd get the big picture and take care of ALL parties involved. Anyway, I have medical tests coming up, medical and dental appointments so really my luxury to leave the office just isn't there. I've delegated the task to Matt.

Halloween was fun, although exhausting. I think we trick or treated on and off for just under 3 hours. The first 2'ish were with Alex's friends so there was the mob mentality going on. Otherwise we'd have been home after the first time his costume caused a wedgie ;) Then we had to save face with our neighbors and visit them, I think they buy candy just for him as he always gets an "I was wondering when you'd get here" when he shows up at the door. Although this had me lugging stuff in the cold for all of this time and I passed out pretty much when Alex did. The next day I was exhausted and promptly went to bed at nine only to wake up at 5:30 with some extreme vertigo which I had never experienced before. Needless to say in was quite unnerving and an unneeded addition to my other symptoms that require the tests at the hospital and such. Sigh

However, I did get some stitching in somewhere over the last couple of days. I finished The Decorator today at lunch from this years JCS and will take a picture as soon as I get it ironed. That should give me enough time this weekend to finish off three kings as well. :)

So speaking of pictures, here's some of my little trick or treater (on various nights)

Caveman for the beaver party

A warlock for our sole trick or treaters

Our haunted crayon

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I love his costumes ! :) He looks great in all of them. Although I think my fav is the caveman - reminds me of Fred Flinstone LOL

I hope your tests go smoothly and you get some rest soon.

Pumpkin said...

DS looks great in all those costumes! I especially love the Haunted Crayon although I'd say he looks more possessed than anything ;o)

Good luck with the tests and I hope you don't worry too much about them. I know that is easier said than done.

mainely stitching said...

A haunted crayon - now that's original!! They're all adorable costumes. :D

Good luck with all your upcoming tests - I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for good results. Take care!!

Faith Ann said...

Love *all* of Alex's costumes... what a lucky boy!!

I hope you don't experience the vertigo again... and I'm anxious for all of your tests to be over with. {{{hugs}}}

Lori said...

Another frozen mom, looks like I was not alone in that department. :)

Terrific costumes! what a hoot!

Prayers for your tests and all. No fun waiting, I know.