Friday, March 09, 2007

Sittin By The Dock of the Bay....Wasting Time

Yes...I'm still alive ;) This week has really been a big break from just about everything and it's been wonderful. There's not much to show for an entire week off, not even a Miramichi trip :(, but sometimes that's actually a good thing. I've just been going flat out for so long that it's been nice catching up on movies, building legos and Christmas shop :P Yes, Christmas shopping!! Chapters has had a wonderful sale with Children's and Adolescent books on 20% off, so I stocked up on a couple hardcover Magic Treehouse books for Alex's birthday and Christmas and picked up Eragon and Eldest for Matt. I think a Flat Stanley book snuck it's way in there too ;) I also picked up a Cranium game for Alex for 9$ at Toys R Us and some Bionical (or however you spell that) on sale too. Tried my hardest to get one of those friggin bin systems but every single one of them had a damaged right panel!! I swear I'm going to pick one up in the states (after triple checking one) and willingly pay the duty! Oye...

Alex and I have been taking advantage of the toonie movies that Empire theatres had over the break, mainly Christmas/Jan movies and it was nice because it was sooo hectic then (and there's not alot of extra leisure money) at that time anyway. We both LOVED Eragon (Matt had seen it before Christmas) and were completely enchated by Arthur and the Invisibles, Happily N'ever After just fell short after seeing those to (but for Alex and I to go for 4$ we were still ahead of renting at Blockbuster). We also ventured out to Frenchies in Oromocto one day (it's amazing how kids think visiting a town 10 minutes or so from the city is a cool trip). As usual I didn't find anything I liked but found some new denim shorts for Alex, a Children's place tank top and some frog shirt that he had to have for 'Creeker' days. We found Matt an awesome Old Navy dress shirt which surprisingly he didn't turn his nose up at and some books for the boy.

As for stitching Summer's Magic is in backstitch mode :) I might get it finished after swimming this afternoon. I would have loved to take Alex to rec swim a bit more but chlorine and my 'winter' skin do NOT agree. See, I really haven't been up to much at all ;)

4 comments:

Shannon said...

What a week ! Sounds like you both had a great time so far :)

Lori said...

hhmm...but quality time with your kids is never wasted ;)

Faith Ann said...

Sounds like a good week :)

Pumpkin said...

Glad to see you back! Goodness, we thought you got lost or something, lol! I'm happy you had a nice week of rest and fun :o)