Wednesday, January 17, 2007

First Friends That Count Night of the Year :)

Woo hoo! It's stitchy night. My bags are packed and I'm ready to go conquer more of the stocking. Considering I've only had a small amount of time to work on it this week, there's actually quite a bit of progress since my last post :) The little village of houses is just about done, the row underneath it is done and the row of trees is started woo hoo!

It's a good night to get out of the house. We've been looking at things that need to be done before painting the craft room. Somewhere the fact that I've changed priorities on one particular item and don't want or need it was completely lost in translation to the individual who does the 'man talk'. The electrician was in last night to give a quote, something I was very scared about. We had my friend's carpenter husband look at it and when he said, the electrician will give you a quote, it won't be in the thousands, more like hundreds, that initial 'renovations never go under budget' creeped in my head. Seriously my Christmas gift was to make the room NICE for me, not to spend alot of money on. Removing the outlet from the quote knocks the hours down, materials down and really makes the other work quite cheap. Patching where some access points need to go, not fun but much better than the mess the outlet would make. Considering it was simply to plug in a 9 year old stereo it really isn't necessary.

It's been snowing and really cold here. The drive into work was a mess yesterday and definitely NOT good for my nerves. Ice = bad, not able to see the lines on top of that = even worse! Today, it's just cold. My eyelashes were starting to freeze together on the brief one block walk from the parking lot to the office. No fun at all!!

So after a not so fun week I'm definitely ready for some unwinding tonight :)

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

It sure sounds like you will benefit from tonight :o) See you there!