Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Got Croc?

Yay, yesterday I bought my first pair of Crocs, and love them. My feet are always so warm that having shoes that stay cool is awesome. Although I'm still trying to figure out how people go bike riding with them, I tried last night when Alex went for his nightly ride and I found my pedals very uncomfortable (but they are kind of rugged looking), oh well...

Last night was super muggy. I got to be a good samaritan and help out a CTV reporter on the walk to the car as she was trying to cover the story of the Show The Truth rally they'd had and wasn't able to locate her camera man before the news broadcast. Luckily I walked along and had a pretty much identical height and build so she was able to use me to set up the camera for her solo report. Of course this was on one of the busiest streets in Fredericton during rush hour so I'm sure a bunch of people that I know drove by and were pretty darn relieved when they didn't see me on the news...as it's a subject I could rant on for hours. I got caught in a downpour going from the grocery store to the van after depositing some money (yeah...the bank is in the grocery store, who 'woulda thunk it' 10 years ago). Knowing I would get soaked running anyway I took the walk at a leisurely stroll, it was actually pretty refreshing. Thankfully the only things I had picked up in the store were water proof, a bag of fries for the boys and a Spud Trooper to go with Alex's Darth Tater (which he adores) for Christmas...yes, I do my Christmas shopping while it's a) available and b)preferably not at full price. Mathieu thinks this approach as cheap (but he's a slacker shopper), I prefer to view it as thinking about people year round, and looking for the perfect gift all year ;) Now to try to find Artoo Potatoo locally...

Speaking of Christmas, I'm finally ornamentifying! I've got 2 corners completed on my Ho Ho Ho box and the laced backstitching is actually quite easy, and alot less messy than gluing ;) Stitching the same design 6 times was a bit repetitive though. This whole exercise is a warm up for the holiday mittens :) Tonight is going to be hectic. Matt neglected to mention he was changing his schedule to accomodate a blood test so guess who has to take Alex to the summer reading program?? And it's stitchy night so I'm going to have to bring him along (which he doesn't mind at all...he's been to a stitch in before and thinks they're all great). Seeing as this means I'm missing Newbody again this week I informed him that he was taking over all library duty for the next month!

3 comments:

mainely stitching said...

I also tend to shop year round for Christmas gifts, but I've had the unfortunate experience of forgetting where I've hidden them by the time the holiday roles around... LOL!

Faith Ann said...

I love my Crocs too... now I want another pair or two in different colours! I think I'll be content with the ones I have until next summer though :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

I can't wait to see your Ho Ho box ;-)