Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Knocking The Wind Out of One's Sails

Sigh...last night was just one of those nights. Matt didn't tell me that he wasn't driving and the driver didn't drop him off first so I couldn't get to pump. Then I found out that his replacement commuter was only temporary (double :() , it's been really frustrating as he has been actively looking for work here. Which during the month of car inspection, registration, two birthdays, father's day and the dry cleaning bill from the wedding was just down right depressing.

After having a good wallow in self pity moment I emerged from the bedroom, tidied up, convinced Matt to go to basic cable and then played a little computer. I started my Hob Nobb design, resolving to be a stash only stitcher for awhile, and finished the first block, then read another chapter of A Murderous Yarn. Today the van went in the shop for it's MVI *fingers crossed*. Thankfully I can atleast wait until the 29th to renew the registration ;)

There's nothing on the agenda tonight thankfully, just some stitching, reading and computing. I'm hoping that maybe we'll be able to get the new table put together and maybe get around to reading the instructions on how to reglue the chairs without making a complete mess of them ;)

In Alex news, he's gone bananas...for Curious George that is. The easter bunny found a Treasury of Curious George at Costco and he now insists on reading at least one story out of that book a night. I'm hoping after school ends he'll be back into his 'chapter book' phase and be wanting to go back to the Lemony Snicket books...I really need to find out what's going on in the Reptile Room ;)

2 comments:

mainely stitching said...

My brother adored Curious George as a kid - I still can't even look at those books without picturing him as a little boy. ;)

Faith Ann said...

What's that saying, "when it rains, it pours"?

Things will brighten up soon :)

DS has Curious George underwear LOL.