Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The Lord Giveth, the Lord Taketh Away...

Yesterday it poured in Fredericton, I drove through water that I didn't realize was so deep that it was really dangerous and that the road should have been closed...I didn't even think about what I might come home to, maybe I was just too excited/nervous about the job offer with the province. Alex went down to play on his computer and I noticed a little water around our overflow vent, sigh, so I started vacuuming. This lead itself to Matt coming home late as he was looking for celebratory flowers and arriving to a hysterical me as the water just started gushing and all I could think of was saving the christmas gifts (which are all high and dry) and the books that I hadn't gotten around to putting on the headboard of one of the beds as it is still in need of paint but trying invane to keep up with the water flow with a mini shop vac! Thankfully Matt was cool, calm and collected about this and grabbed some dustpans and some garbage cans and actually scooped up the water! Our basement hall carpet wasn't finished so I rolled that up as quickly as possible so now we just need to have guest room one steamed and my craft closet, sigh...

I was so sore last night and feeling pretty gross from the gym and water control workout and I didn't dare shower until 10 when the water level in the overflow drain had gone down about a foot. It was a good thing Bones was up to its awesome antics ('you're a professor, shouldn't you be using your mutant powers or something?' Agent Booth's response to Dr Brennan asking for a gun permit) so that took my mind off the basement for a bit. I even got half of one of the more labour intensive rows done in my band sampler to try to keep up with my one band a night goal.

Today is parent teacher so I hope Alex has improved some since we started working with him. Then tonight I'll be baking (which I'd hoped to do last night) and then stitching through Smallville and taping Lost. Now to get in queue to have my carpet steamed by the pros!

No comments: