Monday, July 25, 2005

Weekend Recap

We truly had a nice weekend this weekend. On Saturday we headed to Oromocto lake for a family picnic put on by the VP at DH's work. We had ALOT of fun. Alex and I went for a boat ride which he loved. After lunch we headed to the VP's Christmas tree farm for a treasure hunt, Alex and two other little boys lead the way on the 1 km treck through the woods. It was really neat to see the Christmas trees growing from seed all the way up to ones ready for sale, and as anyone knows I LOVE christmas trees, I can't wait to have a REAL tree this year. After the hunt we cooled off with a dip in the lake, Alex swam away in his supersuit and practiced his floats. After supper, and some stitching on another mill hill 'travel' kit we headed back home and we were all in bed by 9:30.

Sunday was another relaxing day. I headed to CT to get some supplies for planting the rhodedendrons I'd bought a week ago and then filled the wading pool and spent a couple hours out there on the blanket while Alex played between there, the sandbox and the swingset, stitching away at the Imagination Creation until it was complete. After another day in the sun what did I do?? Nap! What a nice rest. Matt took us out for supper and Alex had another big boy milestone...peeing standing up!! After Alex was bathed and in bed I popped in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (my personal favorite) and vegged on the couch...now back to reality ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christmas Trees = Balsam Fir Trees

I now dislike them very much

- Steve